We discussed a case about an older man with smoking history, who presented with acute exertional dizziness + fatigue + diaphoresis + nausea + presyncope, found to have symptomatic bradycardia due to 3rd degree heart block.
ACLS ADULT BRADYCARDIA ALGORITHM
- In 2020, there was an update that recommended the 1st dose of Atropine given be 1mg (instead of 0.5mg) q3-5 min for a max of 3 mg.
PERMANENT PACEMAKER PLACEMENT INDICATIONS
FIRST, RULE OUT ALL REVERSIBLE CAUSES!
- Symptomatic bradycardia due to sinus node dysfunction
- Permanent afib & symptomatic bradycardia
- Alternating bundle branch blocks
- Asymptomatic high-degree AV block, 2nd degree Mobitz type 2 block, or 3rd degree block